The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, the spacecraft launched on 19 June, which aims to gather information for a future lunar expedition sent its first images of the moon. The LRO had entered lunar orbit on June 23. The two chambers of LRO, known as the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera (LROC) were activated on June 30.
The images show the area of the craters near the Sea Nubium.
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
- The crash probe Kaguya Moon
- Kaguya probe rewrites the topographic map of the lunar soil
- India on the moon
- 40 years ago landing on the Moon
- Britain prepares its first mission to the Moon
- First images from space telescope Herschel
- NASA, found movies in high definition to landing on the Moon
- NASA managed the bombardment lunar
- NASA: "On the Moon there is water"
- The spacecraft Phoenix has completed its mission
- False moon rock given by the astronauts of Apollo 11