Depart this evening from NASA Space Center in Cape Canaveral in Florida at 20:01 Italian time, the 14:01 local time, the shuttle "Atlantis." Among the objectives of the mission, STS 125, significant work on the Hubble Space Telescope.
The seven astronauts led by American Scott Altman in 11 days with a duration of the mission will have to replace six gyroscopes, the "Fine Guidance Sensor", change the batteries, install the Wide Field Camera 3, install the new spectrograph Cosmic Origin Spectrgraph, repair electronics board and provide for the replacement of the insulating outer layer. After this work, Hubble should see improved its ability to comment from 10 to 70 times. Hubble was carried into orbit by the Shuttle STS-31 April 24 1990 and is now in operation by 19 years during which he has provided many images accessible from this site.
It will be possible to follow live the launch of the Shuttle through the internet TV channel of NASA to this page.
- NASA refers Endeavor launch
- NASA prepares mission to Jupiter
- The departure of the Shuttle
- NASA sells the Space Shuttle
- First images from space telescope Herschel
- The Landing of the Shuttle
- Britain prepares its first mission to the Moon
- Solar and Heliospheric Observatory
- Tunguska was a comet?
- The Nasa has published the most comprehensive map land