Pioneer has announced that it will not produce more televisions, DVD players and recorders, and blue ray. This decision of Pioneer seems to be due to losses amounting to 846.6 million dollars last year.
In the last quarter has also undergone a major decline (38%) in sales.
Pioneer also announced a cut of 10,000 jobs, representing 27% of its workforce.
- Japan in recession. U.S. GDP falls, -3.8%
- The crisis is also hitting the High Tech Companies
- Eurozone GDP falls
- NVidia, turnover almost halved
- Ford, useful for a billion dollars
- U.S., unemployment records
- Sony's first loss in 14 years
- NVidia closed at a loss year
- Newspapers U.S. sales slump and increase website visitors
- Pioneer shows its optical disc drive 400 GB
- Eurozone, GDP declining by 2.5% in the first quarter 2009
- In Europe, 5 million unemployed young