Published November 26, 2008 by admin
Two astronauts had gone out the Shuttle to perform the maintenance work on the Solar Alpha Rotary Joint (Zarya), the mechanism to orient the solar panels of the space station ISS.
During this operation one of the astronauts lost their bag that has got out of hand.
The scholarship, lost American astronaut Heidi Stefanyshyn Piper, has since started to orbit the Earth. Several amateur astronomers have been delighted to search for the lost bag, which is of much value to about 100,000 dollars.
One of them, Kevin Fetter of Brockville in Ontario, has managed to film the stock wheel. In the movie that follows sees the object at high speed pass
The grant is in addition to losing a lot more material, parts of rockets or satellites, which orbit around the Earth. A real space junk. These objects, however, can be very dangerous to other devices that orbit around the Earth such as satellites, the ISS space station, the same shuttle astronauts and the same when they are outside the spacecraft.
The debris may travel at high speeds and those speeds even small objects can cause serious damage if you collide with other satellites or the space station.
- Space Station passes in front of the Moon
- The departure of the Shuttle
- Party of the Shuttle Discovery mission STS 128
- NASA sells the Space Shuttle
- Nasa opens the launch Endeavor
- NASA takes a solar flare
- Shuttle Landing
- India on the moon
- Collision between satellites in orbit
- 40 years ago landing on the Moon
- NASA, found movies in high definition to landing on the Moon
- NASA managed the bombardment lunar